Regular exercise is always a good idea, but getting your workout in before work adds a couple of extra bonuses. You may just find yourself enjoying more energy, a more positive attitude and a greater sense of motivation to do all the other things in your life! In fact, there are so many benefits of morning exercise that I’ve listed just a few of my favorites below.
- Start the day off right. Sometimes one small choice will create a pattern of making similar choices. Begin your day with exercise and you may just find yourself eating healthy and staying active the rest of the day.
- Think positive. If you typically jolt out of bed and stressfully scramble to work, you probably don’t have the most positive outlook once you get there. Accomplishing something first thing in the morning will help you to think positively about yourself and your life!
- De-stress before work. Exercising in the morning will help you to blow off any excess steam from the day before; leaving you free to arrive at work feeling calm and ready to tackle anything that comes your way.
- Boost your metabolism. Moving your body first thing in the morning will increase your metabolism and cause you to burn more calories throughout the day.
- Motivate yourself. If one of your goals is to exercise daily and you get it done first thing in the morning, you better believe you will feel pumped and motivated to take on other challenges in your life!
- Build an appetite. Breakfast is a great way to jump start your metabolism and provide your body with the nutritional punch it needs to feel happy and healthy throughout the day. Many people skip breakfast, but working will boost your appetite and encourage you to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Be consistent. Daily exercise is one of those to-do list items that can be easily skipped. Getting it done first thing in the morning will prevent you from blowing it off to make plans with a friend and allow you to be more consistent.
- Be productive. Studies have shown that people who stick to a routine are more productive in their day to day lives. Starting each day with exercise is a great way to fall into a routine and increase your productivity in all areas of your life.
- Increase energy levels. Exercising first thing in the morning will actually boost the amount of energy you feel during the day. If you’re like me, you might experience a drag in your energy levels in the afternoon. By taking the time to exercise you will feel much more alive and alert throughout the day and you’ll be more likely to skip your afternoon nap and go out and do something you enjoy!
Be happy! Exercise releases endorphins; which make you happy! Take time each morning to work out and you’ll likely find yourself feeling more positive and happy in your life.